Embrapa is an innovation-driven company that focuses on the generation of knowledge and technology for Brazilian agriculture
The Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (Embrapa) was established in 1973 by the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply (MAPA) to develop the technological foundation for a genuinely tropical model of agriculture and animal farming. The initiative has been tasked with providing Brazil with food security and a leading position in the international market for food, fiber and energy.
In order to meet such continuous challenge, in permanent dialogue with farmers, scientific organizations and both government and civic leaders, Embrapa is guided by the following tenets:
- scientific excellence in agricultural research,
- crops and livestock production efficiency and quality,
- environmental sustainability
- social aspects,
- partnerships with the production sector.
To create research, development and innovation solutions to ensure the sustainability of agriculture, for the benefit of Brazilian society.
To be a protagonist and essential partner in the generation and use of knowledge for the sustainable development of Brazilian agriculture.
The values that are placed on Embrapa and staff's practices and behavior are:
1. Reliability and Integrity
We are reliable because we cultivate and practice ethical and moral commitment in all of our activities, providing integrity to our company.
2. RespectWe are open to the new and we believe both in personal and professional growth based on respect for diversity of people and opinions.
3. ConnectivityWe aim to interact with all the strata that generate knowledge and technology and respective beneficiaries by generating impact through the technologies developed by us and our partners.
4. InnovationWe seek creative and innovative solutions that add value to the products and services that we develop.
5. ExcellenceWe are commited to our work and make efforts to deliver high-quality results.
6. SustainabilityWe aim to leverage socioeconomic welfare in harmony with the environment through innovative knowledge and solutions that contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Permanent goal of production efficiency in agriculture, which in the recent past has allowed the possibility of three harvests in the same crop year and now ensures constant growth in productivity and successive harvest records.
Skills training for researchers and updates in laboratories to mantain the corporation's capacity to stay at the frontiers of knowledge and thus ensure the competitiveness of Brazilian agriculture.
The rational use of natural resources and concern with environmental conservation can be described as a goal of “sustainable production” in more current terms.
Inclusion in production
The task of informing public policy to reduce social and economic inequalities that comprise the rural poverty scenario in Brazil.
- Publicação anual da Embrapa que apresenta alguns dos principais resultados e impactos alcançados pela Empresa no ano anterior.
- Publicação desenvolvida a partir de dados disponibilizados pela Embrapa e por diversas outras instituições do Brasil e do exterior.
- Publicação com as principais contribuições da pesquisa desenvolvida pela Embrapa, impactos e resultados da atuação da Empresa.